mergin of tei adjacent tags (supplied for example)

mergin of tei adjacent tags (supplied for example)

Emmanuelle Morlock

Hi all

I’m using teiPublisher and my question concerns a use case for which the TEI xml code.
How to deal with adjacent <supplied> tags or <unclear> so that the before and after typographic convention is merge ?

for example, if <supplied> is defined in a <model> to be surrounded by ‘{‘ and ‘}’, two adjacent supplied:

would produce:
what to do to have them merge:
{suppliedText1suppliedText2} or {suppliedText1 suppliedText2}

testing for a preceding and/or following supplied seems cumbersome and sometimes there would be <lb/> or other milestones element that shouldn’t stop the merge…

Is it then possible to pass a transformation in a second step, once all the tags have been transformed ?

thanks for your advice

Emmanuelle Morlock
IE CNRS - Humanités numériques & TEI

06 85 84 69 16

Membre du comité de coordination d'Humanistica,
   association francophone des Humanités numériques

Page HiSoMA :
Page HAL :

engaging tech sites,!