session replication

محمد جواد حسنی
Dear all,

I replicated two exist-db instance. I want to replicate sessions between them.
Are a configuration for this?

Thanks.

Re: session replication

Dannes Wessels-3
I assume you mean HTTP sessions? So if one logs into server one, the complete state is transferred to another instance?

No that is not present.

Regards

www.exist-db.org

> On 11 Jun 2017, at 09:46, محمد جواد حسنی <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I replicated two exist-db instance. I want to replicate sessions between them.
> Are a configuration for this?

Re: session replication

محمد جواد حسنی
yes, Of course.
Can i use session replication in jetty configuration such as http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/Session_Clustering_Using_a_Database ?

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 5:10 PM Dannes Wessels <[hidden email]> wrote:
I assume you mean HTTP sessions? So if one logs into server one, the complete state is transferred to another instance?

No that is not present.

Regards

www.exist-db.org

> On 11 Jun 2017, at 09:46, محمد جواد حسنی <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I replicated two exist-db instance. I want to replicate sessions between them.
> Are a configuration for this?

Re: session replication

Dannes Wessels-3

On 11 Jun 2017, at 15:00, محمد جواد حسنی <[hidden email]> wrote:

yes, Of course.

Well your mail was pretty short and had little context.... so I needed to read between the lines a bit, which is not efficient for responders.

Can i use session replication in jetty configuration such as http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/Session_Clustering_Using_a_Database ?

Sure that is a std function of many servlet containers.  But what is the goal of your question ? What is it you want to reach? Do you e.g.  Have database content replication in place?

We have no documentation on this subject.... the jetty documentation is indeed te place to be.

Cheers

Re: session replication

I should imagine that would work. Maybe give it a try and let us know...

On 11 June 2017 at 14:00, محمد جواد حسنی <[hidden email]> wrote:
yes, Of course.
Can i use session replication in jetty configuration such as http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/Session_Clustering_Using_a_Database ?

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 5:10 PM Dannes Wessels <[hidden email]> wrote:
I assume you mean HTTP sessions? So if one logs into server one, the complete state is transferred to another instance?

No that is not present.

Regards

www.exist-db.org

> On 11 Jun 2017, at 09:46, محمد جواد حسنی <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I replicated two exist-db instance. I want to replicate sessions between them.
> Are a configuration for this?

Re: session replication

محمد جواد حسنی
Dear Dannes,
My question is about jetty configuration for custom session manager.
We can active custom session manager in jetty by adding jbc parameter to jetty start file, start.jar.
But in exist-db, we use startup.sh for start exist-db and jetty. Considering to exist-db configuration for jetty, can i configure jetty for custom session manager?

Thanks