strange restxq problem: exist-db 3.3.0

peter winstanley
Dear list

I have some restxq functions that work well on versions 2.1 and 2.2, but following a recent move to 3.3.0 (build 201707021658) I had an unusual behaviour.  In my scenario I have one restxq file with several functions.  This is registered correctly and the exrest:register-module(xs:anyURI("{path}")) call returns what looks to me as a sensible set of information.

So, the pattern of the unusual behaviour is as follows:

* restxq functions 1 and 2 work appropriately when called from a web browser
* restxq functions 1 and 2 work appropriately when called from curl
* restxq functions 1 and 2 work appropriately when called from Python (using requests), Postman, etc

but, when calling function 2 from another existdb instance using httpclient the good behaviour breaks and it returns the static HTML associated with function 1

If I change the path so that the path segments that don't pass parameters are different for functions 1 and 2 (but all other things are the same) then functions 1 and 2 behave without any error when using the httpclient call (and they also work appropriately for calls from browser, curl, Postman etc as well)

Any ideas about what might be causing this, and also about how I might investigate further?

Many thanks
Peter

Re: strange restxq problem: exist-db 3.3.0

Dannes Wessels-3
pooh, a lot can happen;

My 1st idea is that the http client sends a wrong Accept: header, yielding into a wrong response…...

On 30 Jul 2017, at 11:54 , peter winstanley <[hidden email]> wrote:

Any ideas about what might be causing this, and also about how I might investigate further?

Re: strange restxq problem: exist-db 3.3.0

No Idea I am afraid.

Can you provide an absolute minimal XQuery to allow us to reproduce this?

On 30 July 2017 at 05:54, peter winstanley <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

eXist Core Developer
{ United Kingdom / United States }