unknown node type: 101 xmlns

Axis User
Hi,
I have a document in a collection as shown below:

<a>
  <b xmlns="http://www.mynamespace.com/">
       <content>1234</content>
  </b>
<a/>

Sometimes I will want to replace the b element by issuing the command:

declare namespace myns='http://mynamespace.com';
update replace a/myns:/b with <b
xmlns:http://www.mynamespace.com"><newContent/></b>

However on issuing the command I get the 'unknown node type: 101
xmlns' exception. Can anyone help with this? Full trace is below.

org.w3c.dom.DOMException: unknown node type: 101 xmlns:
        at org.exist.dom.ElementImpl.appendChild(ElementImpl.java:534)
        at org.exist.dom.ElementImpl.appendChildren(ElementImpl.java:409)
        at org.exist.dom.ElementImpl.appendChild(ElementImpl.java:463)
        at org.exist.dom.ElementImpl.replaceChild(ElementImpl.java:1473)
        at org.exist.xquery.update.Replace.eval(Replace.java:113)
        at org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
        at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:159)
        at org.exist.xquery.DynamicCardinalityCheck.eval(DynamicCardinalityCheck.java:63)
        at org.exist.xquery.functions.util.LockFunction.eval(LockFunction.java:53)
        at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:144)
        at org.exist.xquery.ConditionalExpression.eval(ConditionalExpression.java:85)
        at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:144)
        at org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
        at org.exist.xquery.LetExpr.eval(LetExpr.java:128)
        at org.exist.xquery.LetExpr.eval(LetExpr.java:126)
        at org.exist.xquery.LetExpr.eval(LetExpr.java:126)
        at org.exist.xquery.LetExpr.eval(LetExpr.java:126)
        at org.exist.xquery.BindingExpression.eval(BindingExpression.java:110)
        at org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
        at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:159)
        at org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
        at org.exist.xquery.XQuery.execute(XQuery.java:136)

Re: unknown node type: 101 xmlns

wolfgangmm
> declare namespace myns='http://mynamespace.com';
> update replace a/myns:/b with <b
> xmlns:http://www.mynamespace.com"><newContent/></b>

Not sure if this is just a typo, but I would first suggest to fix the
syntax and then try again:

declare namespace myns='http://mynamespace.com';
update replace a/myns:b with
<b xmlns="http://www.mynamespace.com"><newContent/></b>

Re: unknown node type: 101 xmlns

Michael Beddow-2
>  a/myns:/b

Did you try making that

a/myns:b

Michael Beddow

RE: unknown node type: 101 xmlns

Chris Marasti-Georg

Shouldn't "a/myns:/b" be "a/myns:b"?  You have an extra slash, which
makes it look like you're looking for a node with the name '', which
would be illegal.

> However on issuing the command I get the 'unknown node type:
> 101 xmlns' exception. Can anyone help with this? Full trace is below.
>
> Thanks,
>
> org.w3c.dom.DOMException: unknown node type: 101 xmlns:
>         at org.exist.dom.ElementImpl.appendChild(ElementImpl.java:534)
>         at
> org.exist.dom.ElementImpl.appendChildren(ElementImpl.java:409)
>         at org.exist.dom.ElementImpl.appendChild(ElementImpl.java:463)
>         at
> org.exist.dom.ElementImpl.replaceChild(ElementImpl.java:1473)
>         at org.exist.xquery.update.Replace.eval(Replace.java:113)
>         at
> org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
>         at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:159)
>         at
> org.exist.xquery.DynamicCardinalityCheck.eval(DynamicCardinali
> tyCheck.java:63)
>         at
> org.exist.xquery.functions.util.LockFunction.eval(LockFunction
> .java:53)
>         at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:144)
>         at
> org.exist.xquery.ConditionalExpression.eval(ConditionalExpress
> ion.java:85)
>         at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:144)
>         at
> org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
>         at org.exist.xquery.LetExpr.eval(LetExpr.java:128)
>         at org.exist.xquery.LetExpr.eval(LetExpr.java:126)
>         at org.exist.xquery.LetExpr.eval(LetExpr.java:126)
>         at org.exist.xquery.LetExpr.eval(LetExpr.java:126)
>         at
> org.exist.xquery.BindingExpression.eval(BindingExpression.java:110)
>         at
> org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
>         at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:159)
>         at
> org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
>         at org.exist.xquery.XQuery.execute(XQuery.java:136)

Chris Marasti-Georg

Re: unknown node type: 101 xmlns

Axis User
Sorry that was just a typo in the mail; the actual query should read

declare namespace myns='http://mynamespace.com';
update replace /a/myns:b with <b
xmlns:http://www.mynamespace.com"><newContent/></b>

> > Hi,
> > I have a document in a collection as shown below:
> >
> > <a>
> >   <b xmlns="http://www.mynamespace.com/">
> >        <content>1234</content>
> >   </b>
> > <a/>
> >
> > Sometimes I will want to replace the b element by issuing the command:
> >

> Shouldn't "a/myns:/b" be "a/myns:b"?  You have an extra slash, which
> makes it look like you're looking for a node with the name '', which
> would be illegal.
>

> > However on issuing the command I get the 'unknown node type:
> > 101 xmlns' exception. Can anyone help with this? Full trace is below.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > org.w3c.dom.DOMException: unknown node type: 101 xmlns:
> >         at org.exist.dom.ElementImpl.appendChild(ElementImpl.java:534)
> >         at
> > org.exist.dom.ElementImpl.appendChildren(ElementImpl.java:409)
> >         at org.exist.dom.ElementImpl.appendChild(ElementImpl.java:463)
> >         at
> > org.exist.dom.ElementImpl.replaceChild(ElementImpl.java:1473)
> >         at org.exist.xquery.update.Replace.eval(Replace.java:113)
> >         at
> > org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
> >         at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:159)
> >         at
> > org.exist.xquery.DynamicCardinalityCheck.eval(DynamicCardinali
> > tyCheck.java:63)
> >         at
> > org.exist.xquery.functions.util.LockFunction.eval(LockFunction
> > .java:53)
> >         at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:144)
> >         at
> > org.exist.xquery.ConditionalExpression.eval(ConditionalExpress
> > ion.java:85)
> >         at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:144)
> >         at
> > org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
> >         at org.exist.xquery.LetExpr.eval(LetExpr.java:128)
> >         at org.exist.xquery.LetExpr.eval(LetExpr.java:126)
> >         at org.exist.xquery.LetExpr.eval(LetExpr.java:126)
> >         at org.exist.xquery.LetExpr.eval(LetExpr.java:126)
> >         at
> > org.exist.xquery.BindingExpression.eval(BindingExpression.java:110)
> >         at
> > org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
> >         at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:159)
> >         at
> > org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
> >         at org.exist.xquery.XQuery.execute(XQuery.java:136)

> Chris Marasti-Georg

RE: unknown node type: 101 xmlns

Chris Marasti-Georg

Should be
<b xmlns="http://www.mynamespace.com"><newContent/></b>

> > > Hi,
> > > I have a document in a collection as shown below:
> > >
> > > <a>
> > >   <b xmlns="http://www.mynamespace.com/">
> > >        <content>1234</content>
> > >   </b>
> > > <a/>
> > >
> > > Sometimes I will want to replace the b element by issuing
> the command:
> > >

> > Shouldn't "a/myns:/b" be "a/myns:b"?  You have an extra
> slash, which
> > makes it look like you're looking for a node with the name
> '', which
> > would be illegal.
> >

> > > However on issuing the command I get the 'unknown node type:
> > > 101 xmlns' exception. Can anyone help with this? Full
> trace is below.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > org.w3c.dom.DOMException: unknown node type: 101 xmlns:
> > >         at
> org.exist.dom.ElementImpl.appendChild(ElementImpl.java:534)
> > >         at
> > > org.exist.dom.ElementImpl.appendChildren(ElementImpl.java:409)
> > >         at
> org.exist.dom.ElementImpl.appendChild(ElementImpl.java:463)
> > >         at
> > > org.exist.dom.ElementImpl.replaceChild(ElementImpl.java:1473)
> > >         at org.exist.xquery.update.Replace.eval(Replace.java:113)
> > >         at
> > >
> org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
> > >         at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:159)
> > >         at
> > > org.exist.xquery.DynamicCardinalityCheck.eval(DynamicCardinali
> > > tyCheck.java:63)
> > >         at
> > > org.exist.xquery.functions.util.LockFunction.eval(LockFunction
> > > .java:53)
> > >         at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:144)
> > >         at
> > > org.exist.xquery.ConditionalExpression.eval(ConditionalExpress
> > > ion.java:85)
> > >         at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:144)
> > >         at
> > >
> org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
> > >         at org.exist.xquery.LetExpr.eval(LetExpr.java:128)
> > >         at org.exist.xquery.LetExpr.eval(LetExpr.java:126)
> > >         at org.exist.xquery.LetExpr.eval(LetExpr.java:126)
> > >         at org.exist.xquery.LetExpr.eval(LetExpr.java:126)
> > >         at
> > >
> org.exist.xquery.BindingExpression.eval(BindingExpression.java:110)
> > >         at
> > >
> org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
> > >         at org.exist.xquery.PathExpr.eval(PathExpr.java:159)
> > >         at
> > >
> org.exist.xquery.AbstractExpression.eval(AbstractExpression.java:43)
> > >         at org.exist.xquery.XQuery.execute(XQuery.java:136)

> > Chris Marasti-Georg

Re: unknown node type: 101 xmlns

Axis User
oops, hopefully this is correct:

declare namespace myns='http://mynamespace.com';
update replace /a/myns:b with
<b xmlns="http://www.mynamespace.com"><newContent/></b>

the error is the same

> [...]

yes all of the above were typos. To take another example:

update insert <email type="office"
xmlns="http://exist.net">[hidden email]</email> into
//address[fname="Andrew"]

yields the same problem.

On 16/09/05, Michael <[hidden email]> wrote:

> oops, hopefully this is correct:
>
> declare namespace myns='http://mynamespace.com';
> update replace /a/myns:b with
> <b xmlns="http://www.mynamespace.com"><newContent/></b>
>
> the error is the same

I attach a small patch to be applied on
org.exist.xquery.ElementConstructor. This should fix the problem.

Wolfgang

On 9/16/05, Michael <[hidden email]> wrote:
> yes all of the above were typos. To take another example:
>
> update insert <email type="office"
> xmlns="http://exist.net">[hidden email]</email> into
> //address[fname="Andrew"]
>
> yields the same problem.

ElementConstructor.patch (1K) Download Attachment