Quantcast

wrap

Bruce Deam
Hi;

Is it possible for eXist to return results without the <exist:result/> wrapper
when submitting the query using the POST protocol? The _wrap=yes works with
REST but I can't make it work by adding the parameter to the end of the query
e.g.:

<properties>
        <property name="wrap" value="no"/>
</properties>

A pointer to the correct syntax help would be appreicated!

Bruce

Re: wrap

dynnamitt
I'm also looking for a way to do this.

The REST/POST documentation only mentions:
"The start, max, cache and session-id attributes have the same meaning as the corresponding GET parameters. Optional output properties, such as pretty-print, may be passed in the properties element. "

What is these "Optional output properties" ??

regards
Dynnamitt

Re: wrap

Joe Wicentowski
Hi Dynnamitt,

Check out "indent=yes" under
http://demo.exist-db.org/exist/xquery.xml#serialization

Not sure if this is what you're looking for?

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 7:28 AM, dynnamitt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm also looking for a way to do this.
>
> The REST/POST documentation only mentions:
> "The start, max, cache and session-id attributes have the same meaning as
> the corresponding GET parameters. Optional output properties, such as
> pretty-print, may be passed in the properties element. "
>
> What is these "Optional output properties" ??
>

> regards
> Dynnamitt

Re: wrap

dynnamitt
tried
declare option exist:serialize "wrap=no";

..but sadly no effect

Re: wrap

Joe Wicentowski
Hi Dynamitt,

> declare option exist:serialize "wrap=no";

I had suggested "indent=yes".

> ..but sadly no effect

If "indent=yes" doesn't have the desired effect, please explain what
you're trying to achieve in a little more detail.