xml and search in text files specified in uri

xml and search in text files specified in uri

alex-37-2
I working with a collection of xml files in which is defined a tag as this:

<mets:FLocat LOCTYPE="URN" xlink:href="/pippo.TXT" />

can I search inside the files pippo.TXT with java and xquery?
Thank you

Re: xml and search in text files specified in uri

wolfgangmm
> I working with a collection of xml files in which is defined a tag as this:
>
> <mets:FLocat LOCTYPE="URN" xlink:href="/pippo.TXT" />
>
> can I search inside the files pippo.TXT with java and xquery?

No, there's no xquery function to load and search a plain text file.
You could write your own Java code for the job and access it either
via the XQuery-Java binding or a custom function of your own.