[xquery-versioning-module] Include module versioning.xqm

[xquery-versioning-module] Include module versioning.xqm

Ludovic Heitz
Hello guys,

I installed the package xquery-versioning-module-1.1.2.xar from the package manager into my eXist 3.1 instance.
I would to use functions from the versioning.xqm API (namespace = http://exist-db.org/versioning)
To do so, I think I need to add the module into the conf.xml file (into <builtin-modules>)?
I tried unsuccessfully with:
<module uri="http://exist-db.org/versioning" src="resource:org/exist/versioning/xquery/versioning.xqm" />

<module uri="http://exist-db.org/versioning" src="resource:org/exist/versioning/versioning.xqm" />

<module uri="http://exist-db.org/versioning" src="resource:versioning.xqm" />

To test this, I try to call v:doc but I still got the following error:
Cannot compile xquery: err:XQST0059 error found while loading module v: Source for module 'http://exist-db.org/versioning' not found module location hint URI 'resource:org/exist/versioning/versioning.xqm'.

Thanks for attention
Ludovic

Re: [xquery-versioning-module] Include module versioning.xqm

Eduard Drenth

Hi,

I have the versioning module working, just installed it, no need to add anything to conf.xml.

Eduard Drenth, Software Architekt

[hidden email]

Doelestrjitte 8

8911 DX  Ljouwert

+31 58 234 30 47

gpg: https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x065EF82A1E02CC43

Re: [xquery-versioning-module] Include module versioning.xqm

Dannes Wessels-3
Typically, for accessing xquery extension functions, installing a XAR file is sufficient.

On 3 Apr 2017, at 22:10 , Eduard Drenth <[hidden email]> wrote:

Additional: I did not use the api functions though, just edited documents and saw versioning working

Re: [xquery-versioning-module] Include module versioning.xqm

Ludovic Heitz
Hello Eduard, Dannes,
Thank you for answering

@Eduard: I'm also able to see versioning module working. No doubt about that. What I can't accomplish is to use the API functions (from versioning.xqm, namespace http://exist-db.org/versioning).

@Dannes: Just installing the XAR, and then calling a function like v:annotate returns me the error: org.exist.xquery.XPathException: exerr:ERROR error found while loading module v: IO exception while loading module 'http://exist-db.org/versioning' from 'http://exist-db.org/versioning'

Ludovic

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 10:55 PM, Dannes Wessels <[hidden email]> wrote:
Typically, for accessing xquery extension functions, installing a XAR file is sufficient.

On 3 Apr 2017, at 22:10 , Eduard Drenth <[hidden email]> wrote:

Additional: I did not use the api functions though, just edited documents and saw versioning working

Re: [xquery-versioning-module] Include module versioning.xqm

Eduard Drenth

Perhaps you need to specify the full path to versioning.xqm?

On my system I find them here:

eduard@eduard-X756UB:~$ find eXist-db/ -name versioning.xqm
eXist-db/webapp/WEB-INF/data/expathrepo/xquery-versioning-module-1.1.2/content/versioning.xqm
eXist-db/webapp/WEB-INF/data/fs/db/system/repo/xquery-versioning-module-1.1.2/content/versioning.xqm

so my gues would be: from /db/system/repo/xquery-versioning-module-1.1.2/content/versioning.xqm

Wouldn't like this solution though

Eduard Drenth, Software Architekt

[hidden email]

Doelestrjitte 8

8911 DX  Ljouwert

+31 58 234 30 47

gpg: https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x065EF82A1E02CC43

Re: [xquery-versioning-module] Include module versioning.xqm

Eduard Drenth

Got this working:

import module namespace v = "http://exist-db.org/versioning" at "/db/system/repo/xquery-versioning-module-1.1.2/content/versioning.xqm";

v:revisions(doc('/db/apps/tdb/data/Aldfrysk/Oarkonden/SNR/2/1/SNR2117.xml'))

But again, I would like this to work:

import module namespace v = "http://exist-db.org/versioning" at "versioning.xqm";

v:revisions(doc('/db/apps/tdb/data/Aldfrysk/Oarkonden/SNR/2/1/SNR2117.xml'))

Eduard Drenth, Software Architekt

[hidden email]

Doelestrjitte 8

8911 DX  Ljouwert

+31 58 234 30 47

gpg: https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x065EF82A1E02CC43

Re: [xquery-versioning-module] Include module versioning.xqm

Ludovic Heitz
Hi Eduard, indeed the first solution works:
import module namespace v = "http://exist-db.org/versioning" at "/db/system/repo/xquery-versioning-module-1.1.2/content/versioning.xqm";

But I'm pretty we could get this working only with import module namespace v = "http://exist-db.org/versioning"; if the module is declared in a proper manner in conf.xml.

Ludovic

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Eduard Drenth <[hidden email]> wrote:

Got this working:

import module namespace v = "http://exist-db.org/versioning" at "/db/system/repo/xquery-versioning-module-1.1.2/content/versioning.xqm";

v:revisions(doc('/db/apps/tdb/data/Aldfrysk/Oarkonden/SNR/2/1/SNR2117.xml'))

But again, I would like this to work:

import module namespace v = "http://exist-db.org/versioning" at "versioning.xqm";

v:revisions(doc('/db/apps/tdb/data/Aldfrysk/Oarkonden/SNR/2/1/SNR2117.xml'))

Eduard Drenth, Software Architekt

[hidden email]

Doelestrjitte 8

8911 DX  Ljouwert

+31 58 234 30 47

gpg: https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x065EF82A1E02CC43

Re: [xquery-versioning-module] Include module versioning.xqm

I'd expect it to work without an "at" clause, so just this:

  import module namespace v = "http://exist-db.org/versioning";

That doesn't work?

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 5:52 AM, Eduard Drenth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Got this working:
>

> import module namespace v = "http://exist-db.org/versioning" at
> "/db/system/repo/xquery-versioning-module-1.1.2/content/versioning.xqm";
>
> v:revisions(doc('/db/apps/tdb/data/Aldfrysk/Oarkonden/SNR/2/1/SNR2117.xml'))
>

> But again, I would like this to work:
>

> import module namespace v = "http://exist-db.org/versioning" at
> "versioning.xqm";
>
> v:revisions(doc('/db/apps/tdb/data/Aldfrysk/Oarkonden/SNR/2/1/SNR2117.xml'))
>

> Eduard Drenth, Software Architekt
>

> [hidden email]
>

> Doelestrjitte 8
>
> 8911 DX  Ljouwert
>
> +31 58 234 30 47
>

> gpg: https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x065EF82A1E02CC43
>

> ________________________________

No it doesn't.

Le 6 avr. 2017 2:22 PM, "Joe Wicentowski" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
I'd expect it to work without an "at" clause, so just this:

  import module namespace v = "http://exist-db.org/versioning";

That doesn't work?

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 5:52 AM, Eduard Drenth <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Got this working:
>

> import module namespace v = "http://exist-db.org/versioning" at
> "/db/system/repo/xquery-versioning-module-1.1.2/content/versioning.xqm";
>
> v:revisions(doc('/db/apps/tdb/data/Aldfrysk/Oarkonden/SNR/2/1/SNR2117.xml'))
>

> But again, I would like this to work:
>

> import module namespace v = "http://exist-db.org/versioning" at
> "versioning.xqm";
>
> v:revisions(doc('/db/apps/tdb/data/Aldfrysk/Oarkonden/SNR/2/1/SNR2117.xml'))
>

> Eduard Drenth, Software Architekt
>

> [hidden email]
>

> Doelestrjitte 8
>
> 8911 DX  Ljouwert

> gpg: https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x065EF82A1E02CC43
>

> ________________________________

Jonathan Rowell

Hi,

in the expath-pkg.xml file of the Versioning Modules jar there is no mention of the module under content, ie no

<xquery>
       <namespace>http://exist-db.org/xquery/versioning</namespace>
       <file>versioning.xqm</file>
</xquery>

so it probably doesn't get registered in the global space.

HTH

Jonathan

On 7 Apr 2017, at 14:15 , Jonathan Rowell <[hidden email]> wrote:

in the expath-pkg.xml file of the Versioning Modules jar there is no mention of the module under content, ie no

<xquery>
       <namespace>http://exist-db.org/xquery/versioning</namespace>
       <file>versioning.xqm</file>
</xquery>

so it probably doesn't get registered in the global space.

this is probably the good direction….

D.

Re: [xquery-versioning-module] Include module versioning.xqm

Hi Ludovic,

Yes that is a shortcoming at the moment.

We use the Maven kuberam-expath-plugin to create the XAR package,
however that does not seem to provide any option for adding xquery
components to the generated expath-pkg.xml which is created in the XAR
file.

For example our expath-pkg.xml which is generated currently looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<package xmlns="http://expath.org/ns/pkg"
    name="http://exist-db.org/xquery/versioning"
abbrev="xquery-versioning-module"
    version="1.2-SNAPSHOT" spec="1.0">
    <title>Versioning Module</title>
    <home>https://www.github.com/exist-db/xquery-versioning-module</home>
    <dependency processor="http://exist-db.org" semver-min="3.0.4"/>
</package>

However, for eXist to know that the verisoning.xqm module is available
in the EXPath package, our expath-pkg.xml would need to look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<package xmlns="http://expath.org/ns/pkg"
    name="http://exist-db.org/xquery/versioning"
abbrev="xquery-versioning-module"
    version="1.2-SNAPSHOT" spec="1.0">
    <title>Versioning Module</title>
    <home>https://www.github.com/exist-db/xquery-versioning-module</home>
    <dependency processor="http://exist-db.org" semver-min="3.0.4"/>
    <xquery>
        <namespace>http://exist-db.org/versioning</namespace>
        <file>versioning.xqm</file>
    </xquery>
</package>

We would need to make improvements to the kuberam-expath-plugin for it
to accomodate this. As such I have opened an issue for it here:
https://github.com/claudius108/kuberam-expath-plugin/issues/2

and an issue against the xquery-versioning-module so that this is not
forgotten: https://github.com/eXist-db/xquery-versioning-module/issues/7

On 31 March 2017 at 04:31, Ludovic Heitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I installed the package xquery-versioning-module-1.1.2.xar from the package
> manager into my eXist 3.1 instance.
> I would to use functions from the versioning.xqm API (namespace =
> http://exist-db.org/versioning)
> To do so, I think I need to add the module into the conf.xml file (into
> <builtin-modules>)?
> I tried unsuccessfully with:
> <module uri="http://exist-db.org/versioning"
> src="resource:org/exist/versioning/xquery/versioning.xqm" />
>
> <module uri="http://exist-db.org/versioning"
> src="resource:org/exist/versioning/versioning.xqm" />
>
> <module uri="http://exist-db.org/versioning" src="resource:versioning.xqm"
> />
>
> To test this, I try to call v:doc but I still got the following error:
> Cannot compile xquery: err:XQST0059 error found while loading module v:
> Source for module 'http://exist-db.org/versioning' not found module location
> hint URI 'resource:org/exist/versioning/versioning.xqm'.
>
> Thanks for attention
> Ludovic

Re: [xquery-versioning-module] Include module versioning.xqm

Adam Retter
Claudius has kindly fixed the issue in the kuberam-expath-pkg plugin.
As such I just released version 1.1.4 of the Versioning Module which
fixed the issue.

All the best. Adam.