xsl transform

Luis Zorita
Hi all:
I'm using exist as backend for my orbeon application.
I've got a collection with more than 3000 single xml files in exist.
Due special circunstances I'd like to transform all this collection with a xslt I created.
But I don't know how to implement such xslt in exist.
I'm looking for an example or any help concerning this topic.
Thanks in advance.
Luis

Re: xsl transform

> I've got a collection with more than 3000 single xml files in exist.
> Due special circunstances I'd like to transform all this collection with a xslt I created.
> But I don't know how to implement such xslt in exist.

I'm not sure if I understand the question. You can use the
transform:transform() function within an XQuery to pass arbitrary
parts of your documents through an xsl, but I don't know if you want
to transform all those documents at once (could be a memory problem)
or one by one?

Re: xsl transform

Michael Beddow-2

[Luis]
>> I've got a collection with more than 3000 single xml
>> files in exist. Due special circunstances I'd like to transform
>> all this collection with a xslt I created.
>> But I don't know how to implement such xslt in exist.

[Wolfgang]
>I'm not sure if I understand the question. You can use the
>transform:transform() function within an XQuery to pass arbitrary
>parts of your documents through an xsl, but I don't know if you want
>to transform all those documents at once (could be a memory problem)
>or one by one?

If the aim is to do a one-off mass transform of all the documents, then I
would suggest dumping all the documents, transforming them outside eXist and
then reloading them. eXist is certainly capable of running individual
retrieved documents, fragments, and query results through an xslt transform,
but it isn't exactly optimised as a batch transformation engine.

Michael Beddow